Stress Management at Work
Does your company want to address:
- Employee commitment to work
- Staff performance and productivity
- Accidents caused by human error
- Staff turnover and intention to leave
- Attendance levels
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Customer satisfaction
- Organisational image and reputation
- Potential litigation
When your company decides to promote stress managment with employees you can be sure it will yield economic benefits for your business or organisation, in terms of increased commitment and job satisfaction, staff retention, improved productivity and performance, and reduced staff absenteeism.
The costs associated with employees’ experiencing stress are significant for businesses and other organisations. These costs are associated with loss in productivity because of sickness absence, early retirement, and increased staff turnover, recruitment and training.
Evidence also shows that productivity can be reduced through the lower level of performance of employees who are at work but experiencing stress or mental health problems. This is known as ‘presenteeism’.
There is a cost effective and practical solution:
Our stress management courses are designed for staff and managers to recognise their stressors and to learn how they can begin to learn how to become more resilient to work place pressures.
Work place pressures impact the way that we work, how we cope with increasing demands from work, how we interact with our business clients and colleagues and our health and well being.
Since we spend a minimum of 8 hours of our waking day at work, tackling workplace stress is high on the HR managers’ agenda.
We will offer you and your staff a series of stress management tools, to learn how to become more resilient to the impact of workplace pressures.
Our practical based stress management course can be delivered in a short session or over a series of sessions.
We can incorporate one or more of the below during your stress management session:
- Theory: Understanding the psychophysiology of stress, identify and recognise early signs of stress with for line mangers and staff and how stress impacts your health and work performance.
- Health and Well Being: Particpants will learn several stress management techniques, to improve health and well being and how performance at work.
- Resilience: We encourage and motivate staff to adopt one or more of our proven stress management techniques to improve resilience to stress.
- HSE Compliant: Staff and managers will learn about the HSE stress competencies and what they can do to reduce stress risk.
Our stress management course gives you, staff and line managers, the opportunity to understand the very real impact of stress at work and how to intervene, helping to minimise the stress risk and address increasing costs related to absenteeism.
There are many benefits to managment as well as staff, and they are outlined below.
The benefits for staff and line mangers include:
- Lower risks of litigation – because they comply with legal duties
- Improved return on investment in training and development
- Improved customer care and relationships with clients and suppliers
- Reduced costs of sick pay, sickness cover, overtime and recruitment
Benefits for individuals
- People feel more motivated and committed to their work
- Morale is high
- People work harder and perform better – increasing their earning power
- People feel that they are part of a team and the decision-making process, so accept change better
- Relationships – with managers and within teams – are better
- People are happy in their work and don’t want to leave
- Line managers can outwardly show their duty of care
- Line Managers can demonstrate good management skills that could help their promotability and career development.
- Reduced staff turnover and intention to leave, so improving retention
- Better absence management
- Fewer days lost to sickness and absenteeism
- Fewer accidents
- Improved work quality
- Improved organisational image and reputation
- Better staff understanding and tolerance of others experiencing problems
Our stress management is available as a range of packages that will suit your budget and staff’s needs. Please email us with your requirements and we will compile a package that ensures your company is HSE compliant.
Stress management training in London:
We are running a half day stress management in London.
By the end of the session you will:
Theory: Understand the theory of stress, signs and symptoms of stress.
Practical: Learn and practice a variety of stress management techniques under the guidance of facilitator.
Times: 2pm -5pm.
Cost: £149 per person.
To book or to find out more about our stress management training please email us.
Sign up for free tips and advice on how you can manage your stress
At One offered taster massages at a recent conference. They relaxed our delegates and proved to be a noticeable talking point from the day. , Manchester Institute of Sport and Physical Activity
We would definetely welcome a repeat exercise!