Corporate wellness programmes are being initiated within the work place due to the rising cost and experience of stress and musclo skeletal disorders.
The HSE have indicated that prevalence of stress in 2011/12 was 428,000 cases – an astonishing 40% out of a total of 1,073 000 cases for all work-related illnesses.
The cost to businesses is phenomenal, with increasing costs related to overheads in recruiting and training new staff, reduced profits, increased accidents and increased litigation.
According to the CIPD, it is reported:
- The average cost of stress per employee per year is £1900 and costs UK organisations £12 BILLION each year.
- After musculo-skeletal problems, psychological problems are the primary cause of sickness absence
- At any one time: 1:6 (1:5 including alcohol & drug dependence) UK workers will suffer depression, anxiety or problems related to stress.
- The average employee absence for those suffering from work related stress = 22.6 days per year for anxiety and 30 days for depression
- NICE estimates that effective management of mental health in an organisation with 100 employees could save £250,000 per year
The health and wellness business case is apparent and evidence from the review of the available literature and case studies provided by the Health Work Wellbeing Executive supports the idea that corporate wellness programs have a positive impact on intermediate and bottom-line benefits.
The available literature suggests that corporate wellness plans’ costs can quickly be translated into financial benefits, either through cost savings or additional revenue generation, as a consequence of the improvement in a wide range of intermediate business measures.
at One are corporate wellness providers nationally and to find out how your business can begin to save on costs by introducing a corporate wellness plan contact us.
Please also see our OFFERS for when you book with us.
Sign up for free tips and advice on how you can manage your stress
Really lovely way to spend a couple of hours on the beginners massage course. Learnt all the basic moves of massage in pleasant surroundings, ideal location and with a really friendly tutor to teach us. Would definitely be interested in any more courses that may be available. , Beginners massage course – Birmingham